Event & Volunteer Assistant
Looking for a friendly, experienced assistant to join our team at the Zoo!
Part-time, T-W-Th 8-4:30 PM with added weekend shifts during events. Position will assist with events, fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment.
Please send email and resume to Tom Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Santa Ana Zoo has paid part time and full time zoo keeper position openings on a very limited basis.
Zookeeper jobs are difficult to obtain and therefore not frequently vacated, although some jobs have recently been available through the City of Santa Ana.
The best thing to do is monitor the following for openings:
- City of Santa Ana Job Line: (714) 647-6500
- City of Santa Ana TDD User Relay Line 1: (800) 735-2929
- www.santa-ana.org/jobs: This is the City of Santa Ana site and will provide listings of positions open at the Santa Ana Zoo.
- www.aza.org: This is the site for the American Association of Zoos and Aquariums and will list openings in zoos and aquariums across the country. This is also a good resource for learning job requirements and pay rates.
- www.aazk.org: This is the site for the American Association of Zoo Keepers and also lists openings, job requirements and salaries in zoos and aquariums across the country.
The Zoo Education Staff is looking for volunteers to help share the wonders of the animal kingdom with children.
Click here for more information on our Docent program.
Zookeeper unpaid internships and animal volunteers are available depending on need and staff availability throughout the year. Click here for more information on our Intern/Volunteer program.
Imagine what would happen if we decided to only have one type of animal from one location in our exhibits. Crazy thought, right? At the Santa Ana Zoo, that would never happen - we're proud to always offer a variety of animal species from all over the world.
We also feel the same way about our people. For us, diversity goes far beyond the common definition of the word. The Friends of Santa Ana Zoo looks to employ people of many different backgrounds, generations, traditions and philosophies in our workforce. We recognize that one way to diversify is to actively seek sales associates, managers, vendors, partners and service providers who can enhance our commitment to a diverse Zoo family.
We also recognize that diversity is important to our vision to be known for our commitment to education, conservation and recreation. The diversity of our workforce helps bring new ideas, perspectives and paradigms to the table that might not otherwise be there. Our staff members bring the history and heritage of their respective communities to work with them every day, and each person adds a unique set of skills, talents and beliefs to our world-class FOSAZ team.
So you can see why, at FOSAZ, diversity within our team is as important as our commitment to providing Zoo visitors with the best possible guest experience - and why we're committed to employing a team that is truly as diverse as the animals at our Zoo.